Website and it's importance in business
A website (sometimes spelled Web site) is a collection of Web pages and related content represented by a shared domain name and published on at least one Web server. Examples of notable websites are Google, Facebook, Amazon, Wikipedia and HRsoftBD.
Types of Website:
- Static Website
- Dynamic Website
Dynamic Website: A server-side dynamic web page is one that is built using server-side scripting and is controlled by an application server, which means they are not prebuilt web pages. and the display changes based on a variety of parameters such as viewer demographics, time of day, location, language preferences, and so on. As a result, they are slower than static websites, but updates and database interaction are feasible. Dynamic Websites are preferred over static Websites because updates are much easier to perform than on static Websites (where changes must be made on each page), but on Dynamic Websites, a common modification can be made once and it will be reflected on all web pages.
There are various types of websites on the internet; we have selected some of the most prevalent categories to give you a general understanding -
- Social Media: We are all familiar with popular social networking platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, and many others. These websites are typically designed to let individuals to share their ideas, photographs, videos, and other valuable components.
- Education: Educational websites are extremely straightforward to understand, as the name suggests. These websites are intended to exhibit information in the form of audio, video, or graphics.
- News and Magazines: These websites require little explanation; their major objective is to keep their readers up to date on current events, whereas magazines focus on fun and entertainment.
- Blogs: These websites are run by an individual or a small group of people and can cover a wide range of themes, including fashion, music, travel, and fitness advice. Professional blogging is becoming an externally popular way to generate money online.
- E-Commerce: These websites are well-known for their online stores. These websites enable us to purchase merchandise and make online payments for goods and services. Stores can be treated as separate webpages.
- Portal: These websites are used for internal reasons within a school, institute, or business. They frequently have a login process that allows students to access their credential information or employees to access their emails and notifications.
- Noneprofit Website:Nonprofits, like corporations, require websites to serve as their internet presence. A nonprofit website is the most convenient way for many potential contributors to make donations, and it is often the first place many people visit to learn more about a nonprofit and decide whether or not to support it.
What Kind of Website Will You Build
Whatever type of website you choose to build, it's essential to think about what you want from it and design it with those specific aims in mind. And one of the first things you'll need to decide is where to host your website before it goes live.
Today, with the introduction of the internet, the world has shrunk.Any type of information is easily accessible and available to us. The internet is a wonderful world that continues to revolutionize our lives, the way we communicate, the way we receive and distribute information, and the way we live a quality existence. People spend the majority of their time on the internet, whether it is for purchasing things, reading news, watching movies, or using a service. Because of the amount of time people spent on the internet, company owners have recognized the value of being online and have begun to move their businesses and services online.
In today's digital age, having a website is critical for any business. A company that does not have a website is missing out on various business prospects and potential consumers. A business website aids in the implementation of a variety of digital marketing methods that can aid in the growth of a company. Web advertising is one of the most efficient forms of advertising because of its vast popularity.
Your website is the heart of your digital environment; much like a physical location, the experience after a customer enters is as important as the perception they have of you before they walk through the door.
- Availability 24/7
- A website can encourage customers to contact you
- You can clearly showcase your products and services
- Your website can attract new customers through SEO
- You can expand Your Target Audience